Job Opportunity: Vice President, Member Development & Partnerships
The Canadian Association of Importers and Exporters (I.E.Canada) is seeking a Vice President, Member Development and Partnerships to develop and execute both short-term and long-range tactics and strategies to meet and exceed the needs of a diverse and growing membership through innovative recruitment and retention strategies.
This is a new sales and marketing senior management position within I.E.Canada with a competitive base salary and a generous and uncapped commission structure.
If you are looking for an opportunity to take your career to the next level, have unlimited earning potential, work from a home based office and put your creative stamp on this newly created position, then read on!
Reporting to the President and CEO and working closely with both senior staff and the Board of Directors, the successful candidate would have a proven record of accomplishment in the following areas:
- An established network within Canada’s importer and exporter community
- Deep industry and customs and trade policy knowledge to identify, prospect, and recruit potential new members, maintain strong relationships with members and maximize achievement of business goals
- Strong interpersonal skills and an ability to articulate the member value proposition and help to develop membership materials communicating the value proposition
- Developing annual membership plans including membership recruitment and retention, engagement strategies and member customer service
- Applying market intelligence, best practices, and industry research to develop and implement innovative recruitment and retention strategies to meet budgeted goals
- Instituting and formalizing membership sales process to track sales cycle of member prospects and renewals to accurately forecast membership revenue annually
- Identifying and implementing membership acquisition strategies for non-traditional markets
- Recommending new programs, services, and benefits to meet member needs
- Providing regular status updates on membership statistics, trends, and satisfaction to senior staff
- Actively networking at trade oriented events and tradeshows, increasing brand and value proposition awareness amongst potential members and other stakeholders
- Performing other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in business or related field is preferred
- A minimum of 10 years’ experience in intangible selling or new business development within industry sectors such as customs brokerage and/or freight forwarding or any other sector that services a network of importers and exporters
- Proficiency in membership databases, specifically CRM databases
- Comprehensive demonstrable analytical, strategic thinking, and problem solving skills, including the proven ability to plan and implement in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to think creatively to create revenue generation opportunities in a not-for-profit environment
- Must be energetic and creative, and have a strong inclination for individual initiative
- Expertise as a senior-level leader with demonstrated skills in leading, developing and mentoring staff
- Ability to gather, interpret, analyze, and report statistics and other data
- Exceptional oral and written communications abilities, including a facility for translating complex information for a broad range of audiences
- Self-directed, goal-oriented, and the ability to work creatively and productively with colleagues
- Ability to handle pressure in a deadline driven environment
- Travel may be required
How to Apply
Send a resume and one-page letter summarizing your interest, qualifications and base salary expectations. Please reference the Vice President, Member Development and Partnerships position in your cover letter. Please email your application to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than January 31, 2018. We thank all applicants; however, only those under consideration will be contacted.